Friday, November 26, 2010

Queen Anne's Lace Scarf

I finally had the time and mood to make this scarf after seeing other fellow crocheters making it. I finished it in about a day using my largest hook. I've taken a pic to show you the difference by using 3 different hook sizes  and 2 kinds of yarns below. You can find the pattern for this scarf here. There are no photos there but you can find lots on raverly.
By using a smaller hook and thread yarn, I made a bookmark using the same pattern. This pattern is really easy. I got the hang of it after the third round. The photos look terrible, I know but it's gloomy here. It has been raining non-stop since last night.
Above are the differences of using 3 hook sizes and 2 types of yarns. I'm sorry but I don't know the hooks' sizes precisely(how ignorant, I know!) but you can do your own experiment to find the out which one you like best. 
I even managed to make a mini bow hairclip for Hazel using a pattern by Crochet Spot. She has been pestering me to make one for her since forever! The above pic is the best from more than 10 tries of taking it. She was always moving and at last I asked her to lean on the sofa. That did the trick! I did another bow last month using Paula's pattern. I think I prefer hers because it's done in one go. She has lots of lovely stuff there and some free patterns, too. Do visit her!
Lastly, Hazel and I made these delicious and easy cookies this afternoon. I forgot where I got the recipe from but it uses just 3 main ingredients! It's called Simple Shortbread Cookies. Here's the recipe:
1 cup Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
2 1/2 cup Flour
Jam/Sprinkles
Mix as usual. Roll dough into balls and flatten. With a spoon, indent the center and fill with small amount of jam or just top with sprinkles. (I've tried adding chocolate chips/chopped chocolate, too). 
Bake at 300F for 15 minutes.
Have a great weekend everyone!

10 comments:

Paula said... [Reply to comment]

Those cookies look delicious and only 3 ingredients, I have to try them soon. Thanks for sharing the recipe. BTW, that bow looks so cute :-)

MamaDaniel said... [Reply to comment]

crochet = cantik
cookies = sedap

:)

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks, Paula & Zila!

Hazel said... [Reply to comment]

Love your scarves! So pretty. I tell you it sure it strange reading a blog with my name in it lol. Those shortbreads look lovely. x

Anonymous said... [Reply to comment]

I love the crochet clip and the cookies looks miammmiii :)
Thank you so much for visiting my blog;)
Have a perfect day!
Angie

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks everyone! It's lovely to hear from you all :D

Dawn said... [Reply to comment]

This Queen Anne Lace pattern is so, so beautiful! Definitely on my list of 'must-do'! And Aisyah, your color choice and perfect stitches makes this truly gorgeous.

And oh, my! Hazel is so sweet in her hair clip!

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

@DawnThanks for your kind words,Dawn! I love your awesome crocheted covered baubles! And I'd love to be there and enjoy the snow!

Have a great week!

Aisyah

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

@lemondedesucretteThanks, Angie! I enjoy reading and looking at your blog. Can't miss any new project that you've done!

Have a great week ahead!

Aisyah

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

@HazelThanks, Hazel! We love the name, too :D

Have a great week!

Aisyah

Related Posts with Thumbnails