Friday, March 26, 2010

Daily DIY

When youre done ripping, youll have hundreds of yards of brand-new yarn for knitting!
HOW TO RECYCLE YARN FROM OLD SWEATERS
This is a great DIY to get lots of yarn the cheap way  and all from just one sweater. You can find old or used sweaters from second-hand shops or at the local market(pasar minggu/malam). Usually they sell used and high quality sweaters from overseas. I will give this a try when I get my hands on one. You know how expensive natural fibre yarns are over here. And you can try felting the yarns,too. That's another thing I'd like to try. 
I found two good tutorial from Craftzine and Craftstylish. Let me know if you try this out. I'd love to hear about it.

2 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Maybe I should try to get some for my yarn stock.

But to think of it, I actually have old wool clothing in my boxes...hmmm :)

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

Give it a try, then let me know how it went :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails