Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A New Hat Pattern

I made a new hat inspired by this pattern I found on FB. And I'm pleased to tell you that I've written my first ever hat pattern to share with you all! I used our usual Nona acrylic yarn and a 6/0 gold Tulip hook(3.5mm). I have no idea what weight it is but it will fit a 1 1/2 to a 3year old girl. If you wanted it to be bigger, just add one or two more rounds after the 7th row or use a bulkier yarn and a larger hook. As it is my first written pattern, do let me know if you run into any problems. Here goes :

SHELLS HAT

Ch5, join with a sl st to form a ring.
Row 1 : Ch3, 14dc into ring. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 2 : Ch3, dc in same sp. *2dc in next dc*, repeat from * to* around. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 3 : Ch3, dc in same sp. 1dc in next dc. *2dc in next dc, 1dc in next dc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 4 : Ch 3, dc in same sp. 1dc in next 2 dc. * 2dc in next dc, 1dc in next 2dc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 5 : Ch3, dc in same sp. 1dc in next 3dc, *2dc in next dc, 1dc in next 3dc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 6 : Ch3, dc in same sp. 1dc in next 4dc, *2dc in next dc, 1dc in next 4dc, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 7 : Ch3, dc in same sp. 1dc in next 5dc, *2c in next dc, 1 dc in next 5dc, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 8 : Ch1, sc in same sp. *sk 3dc, 7dc into next dc(7dc-shell made). Sk 3 dc, sc in next dc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to first sc.
Row 9 : Ch5, dc in same sp. Ch2, sc in 4th dc of 7dc-shell. *ch2, 1dc, ch2, 1dc in next sc(V-st made),  ch2, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to 3rd ch of beg ch5.
Row 10: Ch3, 3dc in same sp,  sc in sc, *7dc-shell in V-st, sc in sc*, repeat from * to * around, ending with 3dc in beginning of shell. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 11: Ch1, sc in same sp. *Ch2, V-st in sc, ch2, sc in 4th dc of 7dc-shell*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st first sc.
Row 12: Ch1, sc in same sp. *7dc-shell in V-st, sc in sc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to first sc.
Row 13: Ch5, dc in same sp. *Ch2, sc in sc, ch2, V-st in sc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st  to 3rd ch of beg ch5.
Row 14: Ch3, 4 dc in same sp, sc in sc. *9dc-shell in V-st, sc in sc*, repeat from * to * around, ending with  4dc in beginning of shell. Join with a sl st to top of beg ch.
Row 15: Ch1, sc in same sp. *Ch2, V-st in sc, ch2, sc in sc*, repeat from * to * around. Join with a sl st to first sc.
Row 16: Ch3, 5dc in same sp, sc in same sc. *11dc-shell in V-st, sc in sc*, repeat from * to * around, ending with 5dc in beginning of shell. Join with a sl st to first sc. 
Row 17: Ch1, sc in same sp and in each st around. Join with a sl st to first sc. 
Fasten off and weave in end.

*You have my permission to sell hats made from this pattern but not the pattern itself. I only ask that you link back to my blog if you sell them online.*

UPDATE : I have made some corrections somewhere from Row 9-16 as pointed out to me by Sandra & SuperSuus. Thank you for informing me! I'm making another hat with this pattern just so I know where the mistakes are. Please let me know if you come across anymore mistakes. Thanks, Sandra!

Do share a photo of your finished hats on my FB page. I'd love to see them! Have fun!

18 comments:

Monique van den Berg said... [Reply to comment]

What a cute hat and what a lovely colour. Thanks fort the pattern. I may use it sometime.

Have a nice day.
Monique

my4lilgirls said... [Reply to comment]

Yaaaay lovely hat, green like Ireland, its our national color.
So pleased to get a pattern from one of your wonderful creations :)
Karen x

Pradeepa said... [Reply to comment]

Wow, what a bright green colour. The shell pattern is lovely.

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

Beautiful hat, and beautiful colours too!

lia said... [Reply to comment]

cantiknya warna hijau tu kak aisyah!and thank u sooo much for sharing this pattern!tak sabar nak cuba nanti...'nanti' ye akak...hehe

K @ Aurora Blythe said... [Reply to comment]

This pattern is so fun! perfect for covering a little head. Thanks for posting this =)

zaza said... [Reply to comment]

wah akak share pattern..menarik nih..thank kak...leh try..

Rafidah Ahmad said... [Reply to comment]

tq so much for sharing aisyah! really appreciate it! lovely colour !

MamaDaniel said... [Reply to comment]

Kak Aisyah.. thanks for sharing the pattern.. macam saya pernah try buat pattern ni.. tp terkecik.. kepala anak patung pun xleh masuk.. hehehehe...

halizda said... [Reply to comment]

wah boleh try nie.. cantik sangat..

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

Thanks, everyone! I hope you all will enjoy making it :)

Paula said... [Reply to comment]

It's beautiful. Every time I see the hats you make I want to make one for my niece but because she's so far away I'm afraid I'll get the size wrong. I might just give this one a go with some leftover yarn and send it to her to see how it fits.

SuperSuus Design said... [Reply to comment]

Hi! I love this pattern, but i thinking there is also a mistake in row 9??
Maybe you can change that?
Thank you!

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

Hi SuperSuus, thanks for pointing it out :) I'll correct it once I can get into blogger.

SuperSuus Design said... [Reply to comment]

Hi!
Thank you!
I think row 9 has to go like this:
Ch 5, dc in same sp. ch.2, sc in 4th dc of 7dc-shell,
*ch2, 1dc, ch2, 1dc in next (v.st made) ch.2, sc in 4th of 7dc shell* repeat from *to* around. Join with a sl st to 3rd of begin ch.5

I realy like this...
Can i translate this pattern to dutch for the dutch fans over here??

SuperSuus Design said... [Reply to comment]

Again hi! This is my new blog:

http://supersuus365dagenproject.blogspot.nl/

Please visit.
I am ging to post some photos from the hat there.
Also a link to your blog

Elsa said... [Reply to comment]

what a lovely hat!!!
Thank you for sharing the pattern. I crochet hats and booties for the babies the hospitals in Iowa. I'm always looking for new ideas for the babies. I can't way to try it.

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

You're most welcome Elsa :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails