Friday, May 14, 2010

BOOKS AND FLOWERS

Books have always been my other passion aside from crafting. I LOVE romance books especially historical ones. My favorite authors are Judith McNaught, Celeste Bradley, Johanna Lindsey, Janet Chapman, Lisa Kleypas, Virginia Henly and many more. Since I live on an island, the only other way for me to buy these books is via online. I usually buy from a favorite seller on e-bay. I ordered these 3 books last week and after a whirlwind week in various post offices, they finally reached here yesterday. The seller used Poslaju but it isn't laju(fast) at all! I sent an email to complain about it so that it never happens again( I hope!).
I loved Virginia Henley's book, 'Tempted' so I ordered 'Seduced' to see if it came to par with it. I'm only on page 35 now, so haven't decided,yet. I also love Mills & Boons! When I was staying in Sabah last year, I had the time of my life borrowing/reading romance books from the library. I had 4 cards so that means I could borrow 16 books at a time. They only took me about a week to read them all! If you asked me where would I live if I could choose, my answer would be the LIBRARY! Hazel and I wished this island had a library since we both love to read.
Some books I ordered previously except for the one on the upper right.

And did you know that you can rent books online here in Malaysia? I found Reader's Shack while browsing ebay last week. It's really cool! There are 2 ways to go about it. Why not check it out for yourselves?
P/S: Please mention that I (Joyce Helga Chau) sent you there if you do rent or buy their books before you check out. Thanks!( I'm taking advantage of their offer!)
Last but not least, I made some crochet flowers and the odd felt one these past 2 days. No set ideas, yet, what I'll do with them. I will make some more, so if anyone's interested, do send me an email. 

3 comments:

Unknown said... [Reply to comment]

make brooches, hair tie or hairclips!
I'm sure they will be cute~

Aisyah Helga said... [Reply to comment]

I've made some into hairclips, will continue tomorrow. Memang cute! WIshed I could wear them but too cute for my age :(

Ezyane Zaki said... [Reply to comment]

sangat suka la bunga bunga tu.. agreed with Misfyd.. flower brooch sangat cute!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails